Daily Miracles

Posted on 9:44 AM by Elder Bergloff

What are miracles?

Well according to dictionary.com, a miracle is:

1.   An effect or extraordinary even in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.


As I thought on this definition I realized that not too many daily occurrences would fall into this category. In fact many people could probably live and die without seeing a miracle, according to this definition.
That’s why I like the second definition given for miracle.
2.   Such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.

I think many of us could say that we have seen God’s hand in our life, whether by a relative, who overcame a life threatening illness, or a prayer that was answered, or peaceful comfort that you received when in sorrow.
I can say that there has been many times in my life where I have seen God’s hand in my life.
Fact: God lives and he is aware and involved in the very miniscule details of our life.
As a missionary for God in the Philadelphia area I have faced a lot of discouragement you might say, a lot of rejection from people who don’t want to learn more about Jesus Christ.
At the beginning of my mission this was incredibly hard for me. I wondered why I was here on a mission? Why was I wasting two years of my life when no one wanted to talk to me?
Then I was in a conference where a missionary named Elder Chan gave a testimony on “Mini Miracles.” He talked about how we often don’t see huge miracles in our life, such as God appearing to us, water being turned into wine, being able to part the Delaware River. He then shared how God will often perform “Mini Miracles” in our lives, like I said at the beginning with prayers being answered, your pet poodle getting over its illness, small things that show Gods hand in our life.

As I pondered what this missionary had said I realized all the many miracles that God had performed in my life. I then changed my perspective and the way I looked at, not only my mission, but my life. I began to notice all the good things that happened to me, all the small miracles that happened. For instance I remember one day it was raining very, very hard. My companion and I were without an umbrella so we decided to run over to an apartment complex and see if we could teach people there by knocking on their door. Not a single person wanted to listen to us, but at one door a nice lady opened it up. She said that she wasn’t interested, but noticing our lack of umbrella’s she gave us one of her really nice, big ones. I told her we would bring it back, but she said kindly, “Keep it.”
I know God lives. He loves us, and according to our faith he will bless us with miracles.
He is providing us with miracles…Daily!




"There are two ways to live your life. One is live as though nothing is a miracle. The other is to live as though everything is a miracle."   -Albert Einstein



0 comments:

Post a Comment